Are you looking for an outing? Do you have a proper pair of shoes? If you like trekking, strolling in the woods or just running on the beach you need adventure-friendly shoes that will never let you down!
Share This Infographic On Your Site
Ecotourism and Top 5 Adventure-Friendly Shoe Brands
In an effort to break the boredom of the daily routine, for example, working in an office, shop, garden, etc., it is advisable to engage in any outdoor activity. These are leisure pursuits engaged in the outdoors, often in natural or semi-natural settings out of town. Outdoor activities are part of healthy development of human beings. It entails engaging in hazardous and exciting activity, usually the exploration of an unknown environment or otherwise called ecotourism. The International Ecotourism Society defines it as “responsible travel to natural areas, which conserves the environment and promotes the welfare of the locals. It includes:
- Travel to natural and cultural areas;
- Travel that supports conservation and bio-diversity;
- Travel that improves or enhances the lives of local people;
- Travel that includes some form of education for visitors and supports education;
- Programs for local people.
Key Latest Findings Of The American Ecotourism
- Approximately 50 percent of Americans aged at least six participated in outdoor recreation in 2012. That equates to 141.9 million Americans.
- According to a recent study by the Outdoor Industry Association, every year Americans spend $120 billion on products for their outdoor recreational activities. This expenditure includes purchasing of trekking equipment.
- The number of total outdoor outings increased attaining in 2012 an all-time high. Americans used 12.4 billion for outdoor excursions in 2012, up from 11.5 billion excursions in 2011.
- Running (both jogging and trail running) is the most popular activities among Americans when observed by a number of participants and total annual outings
- 40 percent of outdoor participants are from households with incomes of $75,000 or more.
- Averagely, Americans spend half an hour per day doing sport, exercise and on recreation. A survey carried out by the International Food Information Council Foundation indicated that 55 percent of the respondents considered themselves averagely active when asked about the personal level of physical activity. 65 percent of them believed their physical activity had a positive impact on their health.
Here is an age composition about Americans who engage in outdoor activities
- 13% of them are between 6 to 12 years.
- 9% between 13 to 17 years.
- 33% between 25 to 44 years.
- 33% are over 45.
One of the most crucial items used in any outdoor activity is the shoes. Whether you like to climb mountains or trek through the woods on the hunt, you need the right footwear to give you support and keep your feet protected. You don’t want your epic trek up Everest to be thwarted by a tumble caused by weak ankle support, and you don’t want to have to end your day-long hike along the Rockies because you have blisters on your feet thanks to thin soles.
Fortunately, we have all the footwear you need no matter what your adventure of choice. Here are the top five brands for your adventure-loving lifestyle:
Ecco shoes are the perfect choice for casual or formal wear. Their simple, clean lines create classic style that goes with any outfit and any activity.
The more rugged footwear in the Ecco line will make you look just as stylish as you are comfortable. Choose from styles like boots, sports sandals, rain boots, walking shoes, thongs and clogs.
Rockport has a reputation for making beautiful, professional shoes and quality, rugged outdoor shoes. Tall boots can protect you from the rain, and sturdy cleats can give you traction for mountain climbing and hiking.
You don’t have to be scaling a cliff to enjoy the benefits that Rockport has to offer. Rockport is known for making exceptional walking shoes. No matter how long your daily walk, you’ll feel like you’re walking on air.
Merrell takes its commitment to outdoor footwear seriously. Each shoe in the line is created with its specific function in mind. Therefore, if you buy a Merrell running shoe, you can feel confident that every aspect of the shoe’s design was specifically chosen to support the needs of a runner. For example, running shoes include Vibram technology for durability and slip resistance.
Other shoes in the Merrell line are created for hiking, water sports, and winter activities such as skiing and snowboarding. With each, you can be sure you have all the features you need, such as waterproofing, support and warmth. You can even find vegan shoes.
Clarks produces a diverse line of shoes, ranging from stylish stilettos to comfortable sneakers. Clarks is distinguished for the comfort of its shoes. Its handcrafted shoes offer support and comfort no matter what the activity, if you are walking, running, or hiking.
Clarks shoes are also waterproof for activity in any weather or terrain, and they are breathable so your shoes don’t become too hot or sweaty.
New Balance is known for its athletic shoes. Whether you are playing basketball or running a marathon, New Balance has a strong, comfortable pair of shoes for you. New Balance specializes in creating shoes for serious athletes. The shoes are made of the highest quality and with technology that provides the best comfort.
Conventional shoes fit across your feet at the toes, restricting the way your toes spread as you walk. Adventure-friendly shoes make any walk comfortable, gives men and women power and strength to move further and discover new horizons.