Picking out the right pair of winter boots is just as important as finding the right cold-weather coat. In both cases, you want something that is durable, warm, and fashionable too.
Since 1962, Sorel has created boots to withstand the harshest of climates while also looking fashionable. Some Sorel boots are lined with faux fur for extra comfort and warmth, while others come with fleece lining. Many of the styles also feature molded EVA footbeds and foam inserts to keep you even more comfortable in the harshest terrain. Sorel is best known for boots, but the brand also makes footwear for other seasons, including sandals and moccasins.
- Try this style: Sorel Tofino Curry. With waterproof construction, waxed canvas and leather overlay uppers, these boots with a leather shell are fashionable and functional for up to 25 degrees below zero.
In 1856, Hunter Boots (then called the North British Rubber Company) began with just four employees. Today the company employs many more and has expanded from boots to other outdoor apparel. The boots are well-known for their durable construction but also have a strong fashion following.
- Try this style: Hunter Original Tour N. These knee-high boots are sure to keep your feet dry and warm, whether you are facing an afternoon rain shower or a winter blizzard.
With a wide variety of boot styles for hunting, agriculture, and casual wear, Bogs boots include Max Wick Lining for moisture control, keeping your feet warm and dry despite the weather. Other technology includes Airmesh for air circulation, Nylon-Jersey overlays for added comfort, and Neo-Tech cushioning.
- Try this style: Boga Boot. This 100% waterproof style features a plush lining, suede leather, and odor-fighting technology too. The boots combine high-fashion with comfort and protection.
Best known for outdoor recreation shoes, Merrell creates winter boots with a variety of features that make them dependable in all types of weather and for all types of activities. With Vibram technology, slip-resistant features, waterproofing protection, and extra warmth, these boots offer a lot in the way of comfort and functionality.
- Try this style: Dewbrook Zip. These ankle boots feature fleece thermo-insulated lining that allows moisture to escape while keeping your feet warm and toasty, along with shock absorbency and durable traction.
Specializing in winter boots, Blondo considers the harshest elements when designing its products. Blondo boots offer breathability, waterproofing, high-cushion foot support, and memory foam footbeds. Boots designed for mild to the worst winters are featured in the Blondo catalogue.
- Try this style: Blondo Snowtrail. With natural wool lining, these boots feature a removable insole and a one-inch heel. They are made with natural rubber and have an insulated felt insole.
With one of the most recognizable shoe brand names in the world, it makes sense that Clarks would offer high-quality boots that are also fashionable. Clarks are waterproof but breathable, and ActiveAir technology keeps air circulation at optimal levels.
- Try this style: Clarks Natira Kit Gtx. With a 3.25-inch heel, these boots offer sleek style that disguises their practicality. OrthoLite® footbeds keep comfort at the forefront, and warm lining makes them appropriate for walking to work, exploring, or running errands in the elements.
What are your favorite boot styles for the harshest winter months?