Regardless of how high up your ranking in the white collar world of wheeling and dealing, there are always going to be times when you need to have some good casual shoes. Getting casual is part of the equation of any guy’s success…you know what they say about the time honored adage from 1659 sharing that “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Whether to slip on some easy footwear for a quick trip up to the store, a leisurely lunch with the wife or girlfriend or getting a cup of something at Starbucks, a good pair of casual shoes is a staple of the complete male wardrobe. Here are the top 5 reasons to choose men’s casual shoes.
1. You Always Need at Least One Pair of Casual Shoes–but Probably More: There are always going to be those members of high society whose trademark is to show up at the most high faulting society functions all smoothly clad in black tie apparel and casual shoes with no socks, but we won’t go there just now. Assuming your penchant for the appropriate is intact, you will choose casual shoes for the casual occasions in life, whatever they may be. Likewise, a good casual shoe is not to be confused with an athletic shoe. The two are actually polar opposites. Casual shoes are to be worn when you will be partaking of the casual life, and not in any sort of position that would require any great volume of exertion whatsoever. There is nothing casual about participating in any worthwhile sport.
2. It’s Actually Good to Look GQ Even on Your Days Off and When You’re Doing Nothing: In fact, it’s often when you are your least presentable that someone will drop by or you will run into an old friend or business associate. With some great men’s casual shoes on your feet, you’ll be ready for anything, and you’ll look like you are.
3. Because You Want to Treat Your Feet Well. Of all the clothing you depend upon, it’s always your shoes that take the most significant beating. This is why it’s critical to look for your casual shoes from among well-proven brands like Clarks, Dansko, Rockport and Birkenstock. Otherwise, you could be merely throwing away your money. Good quality men’s casual shoes will continue to look great, for significantly longer periods (years) than inferior quality copies. You depend on your feet, so treat them well. Quality shoes are comfortable shoes.
4. Because Casual Attire Just Does Not Pair Well With Dress Shoes. Your entire wardrobe may not include a single pair of jeans; however just by stashing your suit jacket and tie at the end of the day, your whole look changes, and casual shoes are what you need to wear, to convey that you know what you’re doing.
5. Because Believe it or Not, People Judge You by Your Shoes. That’s right: It’s really funny, but someone can have on the most ratty looking pants and tee, but if they are wearing top quality casual shoes, they can appear to be on top of things and successful. So, by choosing quality men’s casual shoes, you might be able to save big on the other items comprising your “casual collection” of clothing. Shoes make the man, and casual shoes make the man relax and enjoy a little R&R time.